Before the Under the Radar Conference coming up April 26th, 2012, we wanted to talk to the CEO’s of all the presenting companies and get an inside glimpse into their company culture.
Interview with Cloudability Founder and CEO Mat Ellis:
1. If your company was a movie, which one would it be and why?
Goonies: ‘Cause we’re a bunch of nerds doing what it takes to save the treasure … in Oregon.
2. If you could give a TED Talk, what would it be about?
How the cloud will change our world.
3. What Hollywood star would play your CEO?
Lol. Colin Firth!
4. What one piece of advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
It’s only called failure when you stop trying.
5. Which other internet startup do you respect the most?
SendGrid. Killing it on all fronts. (And a TechStars alumni.)
6. Who’s the most impressive founder you’ve ever met and why?
Pat Condon, at Rackspace. One of three co-founders, still involved in the business he created, very level headed and modest, but still got time to help us with our business.
7. What’s the first website you check out every day?
Geckoboard: It’s got all our stats on it.
8. What’s your company’s theme song?
“The Dream of the 90s Is Alive In Portland”
9. Whose Twitter feed inevitably makes you laugh?
@Devops_Borat (suppresses urge to mention one specific competitor)
10. What’s been your favorite moment since starting your company?
Opening a giant bottle of champagne to celebrate our first round of funding.
As a special thank you to our blog readers, enter promo code: “utrblog” when registering to receive $100 off your ticket to attend UTR and see Mat and others present on stage!
Follow us on Twitter @dealmakermedia