Before the Under the Radar Conference coming up April 26th, 2012, we wanted to talk to the CEO’s of all the presenting companies and get an inside glimpse into their company culture.
Interview with Cloudyn CEO Sharon Wagner:
1. If your company was a movie, which one would it be and why?
All the President’s Men. As in “Follow the Money” – You know, without the whole Watergate thing….
2. If you could give a TED Talk, what would it be about?
Cloud Costs & Green IT – What Impact Computing Can have on the Environment – and the role that an efficiently managed cloud can have in helping reduce power drain.
3. What Hollywood star would play your CEO?
Ray Liotta. Someone said I kind of look like him. But I’d leave it up to Hollywood to decide.
See any resemblance?
4. What one piece of advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Listen to your customers. They are always right.
5. Which other internet startup do you respect the most?
6. Who’s the most impressive founder you’ve ever met and why?
My 3-year-old daughter is what I think of when I think of a typical entrepreneur. She always invents new ideas, never sleeps and is endlessly full of energy. But seriously, I’ve also been quite impressed with Gil Shwed of CheckPoint and what he’s done with his company as he built it into a major brand.
7. What’s the first website you check out every day?
My bank account, so I’m always sensible and aware about costs. This is also true for our organization at all levels. Cloudyn is always thinking about the impact on the bottom line.
8. What’s your company’s theme song?
Mission Impossible Theme – tracking down savings intelligent savings in the cloud. With cool spy toys, of course.
9. Whose Twitter feed inevitably makes you laugh?
@badbanana is always good for a laugh.
10. What’s been your favorite moment since starting your company?
One hour prior to our Feb 6th public launch we experienced power outage in our office. Some people might say that was their worst moment, but even though it was a crazy hour, I’ve never been more excited to have things work out.
As a special thank you to our blog readers, enter promo code: “utrblog” when registering to receive $100 off your ticket to attend UTR and see Sharon and others present on stage!
Follow us on Twitter @dealmakermedia