CEO: Brett Butterfield
Judges: Jennifer Bryne, Verizon Wireless; Chi-Hua Chien, Kleiner Perkins Claufield & Byers; Dow Draper, Alltel and Rick Witham, Nokia
Pixelpipe is the ultimate media distribution gateway that allows users to send once through Pixelpipe and have the content distributed across over 50 social networks, photo/video sites and blogs.
– Just came out of stealth mode in July and will release beta in the month
– Pixelpipe attempts to help solve the problem of “too many choices”
– You can develop to one API which then distributes to all networks
– Native applications for iPhone and Android
Q: There are a number of other players in this space – aggregating the aggregators; how are you different?
A: We’re really a platform that allows other developers plug into our platform.
– Areas of challenges: Defensibility concerns; geographic nuances between social networks; value in monetizing with small technology licensing
– TV can be a true differentiator in the future
– Audience commentary poses whether Pixelpipe needs to decide if it should be offered as a feature or a product