The digital divide has been a significant challenge in the United States, with many Americans lacking internet access due to financial constraints or high costs. The pandemic has further emphasized the importance of the internet for work, education, and maintaining connections. The Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) aims to bridge this gap by providing affordable and reliable internet access to underserved communities.
What is Verizon ACP Program?
Verizon is a leading provider in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a transformative initiative in the realm of affordable internet access. Established at the end of 2021 to address the economic challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic, the Verizon ACP program has emerged as a beacon of hope for countless families struggling with internet access.
Governed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the ACP is an evolution of the longstanding Lifeline program. With its affordable rates and additional benefits, the Verizon ACP is making a genuine difference in the lives of underserved communities nationwide.
Does Verizon participate in ACP program?
Yes, Verizon is an active participant in the ACP program, offering affordable internet access to eligible households. Those already using Verizon internet services can save up to $360 annually by enrolling in the Verizon ACP program.
How to Get started with Verizon ACP program
If you’re looking to benefit from the Verizon ACP program, follow these detailed steps to get started:
Step 1: Initiate Your Application
- Begin by applying for qualification in the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Visit ACPBenefit.org to start your application process.
- Ensure that the full name and address you use for the application match those on your Verizon account.
- Apply here https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/
Step 2: Complete Your Enrollment
- After receiving approval for your application, the next step is to finalize your enrollment with Verizon.
- To do this, you’ll need to complete Verizon’s ACP Customer Disclosure form.
- Once the form is filled out and submitted, the savings will be applied to your Verizon account.
Step 3: Experience Affordable Connectivity
- After completing the above steps, it’s time to enjoy the benefits of the program.
- Please note that it might take up to two renewal dates before you observe the credit being applied to your Prepaid account balance.
- This credit will subsequently decrease the total amount you owe on your account, making your internet access more affordable.
By following these steps, you’ll be well on your way to enjoying the benefits of the Verizon ACP program.
Who is eligible for Verizon ACP? Check if you qualify
To be eligible for the Verizon ACP, you or someone in your household must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Current Benefits: You are already a recipient of the Lifeline Benefit.
- Federal Assistance Programs: Participation in any of the following programs qualifies you:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), previously known as Food Stamps.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including those in U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools during the 2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-22 school years.
- Recipients of a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Tribal Assistance Programs: If you participate in any of the following Tribal programs, you are eligible:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Head Start (only for households that meet the income qualifying standard).
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF).
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Income-Based Eligibility: Your household income must be 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Eligibility is determined based on your household size and the state you reside in. For specific income thresholds, refer to the “Based on Your Income” table.
What Are the Documents Required for Verizon ACP program?
- Proof of Identity: This could be a driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued identification.
- Proof of Address: A utility bill, lease agreement, or other official documents showing your current address.
- Proof of Income: This might include recent pay stubs, a tax return, or documentation of unemployment benefits.
- Proof of Participation in Qualifying Programs: If you’re qualifying based on participation in a federal assistance program, you might need to provide documentation or a benefits statement as proof of your participation.
- Current Verizon Account Information: Since the ACP discount is applied to your Verizon account, you might need details related to your account, such as a recent bill or account statement.
What Are the Available Verizon ACP Internet Plans
- Verizon Fios 300 Mbps: Originally $24.99/mo., becomes Free with ACP.
- Verizon Fios 500 Mbps: Originally $44.99/mo., discounted to $19.99/mo. with ACP.
- Verizon Fios 1 Gig: Originally $64.99/mo., discounted to $34.99/mo. with ACP.
What discounts can I get with the Affordable Connectivity Program?
With the ACP, eligible Verizon customers can save up to $360 annually, translating to up to $30 off their monthly bill. This could mean receiving the basic internet package for free.
What households qualify for the ACP discount?
Households with a combined income below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines qualify. Additionally, participation in specific federal programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, and SSI, can also make a household eligible.
How do I know if my household qualifies for the ACP discount based on income?
Your household qualifies if its combined income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. For a family of four, this means earning less than $55,500 annually.
When will I get notified if I qualify? After submitting your application, the USAC will verify your eligibility. Once approved, you can contact Verizon to enroll in the ACP program.
How will I know if I have been approved for the Verizon ACP discount?
The USAC will verify your eligibility after you submit your application. Upon approval, you can then contact Verizon to participate in the ACP program.
I was denied the Verizon ACP discount, why?
The specific reasons for denial were not mentioned in the provided content. However, common reasons could include not meeting income requirements or not participating in qualifying federal programs.
How do I check the status of my Verizon ACP application?
You can check the status of your application through the ACP Official website or by contacting Verizon directly.
If I am a current Total by Verizon customer, can I still apply for the Verizon ACP discount?
Yes, current Verizon customers can apply for the ACP discount and potentially save up to $360 annually.
The Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a significant step towards bridging the digital divide, especially for low-income households. With its eligibility criteria and substantial discounts on Verizon plans, the program is a game-changer. Applying is straightforward, and the potential savings are considerable. The ACP ensures that more people have access to essential online resources, emphasizing that connectivity is a right, not a privilege.