According to a Pew Research Center study more than three-fourths of the population 65 years and older had a cell phone by 2014. With the needs of different age groups in mind, Verizon has introduced specialized mobile plans tailored to cater to specific demographics. One such initiative is the introduction of the Verizon 65 Plus Plan. It is specifically designed for seniors so that everyone enjoys optimal communication solutions. The Verizon 65 Plus Plan not only offers affordability but also features that fulfill the preferences and requirements of the senior community.
Features of the Verizon 65 Plus Plan
Contract Duration: The plan requires a commitment of a two-year contract.
Domestic Calling: There are no additional fees for domestic long-distance calls, allowing subscribers to make calls anywhere within the country without incurring extra charges.
Mobile-to-Mobile Communication: Subscribers benefit from unlimited mobile-to-mobile minutes, specifically for calls made within the Verizon network.
Voice Plans for Seniors:
Single-Line Voice Plan: Designed for individual users, this option offers 200 anytime minutes and 500 minutes for nights (from 9:00 PM) and weekends.
Two-Line Voice Plan: Suitable for those needing an additional line, this option provides 450 anytime minutes and 1000 minutes for nights (from 9:00 PM on Friday to 5:59 AM on Monday).
Messaging Services: Subscribers can choose from various text messaging plans. Options include pay-per-message rates (20¢/Text Message, 25¢/Multimedia Message) or bundled packages like 1000 messages a month for $10, with overage charges of 10¢/Message. An unlimited text option is also available for $20 per month.
Basic Cell Phone Data Plans: Options include a pay-as-you-go rate of $2/MB or a package of 75MB for $10. Overage charges for the package are $10/75MB.
Smartphone Data Plans: Designed for more extensive data use, options include a 2 GB data plan for $30 per month (with overage charges of $10/1GB) and a 5 GB data plan for $50 per month (with overage charges of $10/1GB).
Additional Features: The plan includes standard features like Call Waiting, Caller ID, Call Forward, and Voice Mail. There are no domestic long-distance charges, and subscribers enjoy unlimited national mobile-to-mobile minutes.
Eligibility Criteria for the Verizon 65 Plus Plan
Age Requirement: The primary account holder must be 65 years of age or older to be eligible for the Verizon 65 Plus Plan.
The Verizon 65 Plus Plan is designed specifically for seniors. Therefore, the age of the primary account holder is a crucial factor in determining eligibility.
The account can have up to two lines, allowing flexibility for seniors who might want an additional line for a spouse or family member.
Billing Address: For certain Verizon plans, such as the Verizon 55+ plan, the billing address must be in specific states or regions. It’s essential to check if any such restrictions apply to the 65 Plus Plan.
Current Verizon Customers: Existing Verizon customers who meet the age requirement can switch to the Verizon 65 Plus Plan. It’s advisable to contact Verizon customer service or visit a Verizon store to facilitate the switch.
New Verizon Customers: Individuals new to Verizon who meet the age criteria can sign up for the 65 Plus Plan. They can do this online, over the phone, or by visiting a Verizon store. Eligibility will be verified before the activation of the plan.
Phone Compatibility:Those opting for the Verizon 65 Plus Plan have the flexibility to bring their own phone, provided it’s compatible with the Verizon network.
Alternatively, they can choose to purchase a new phone directly from Verizon.
How to Apply for the Verizon 65 Plus Plan
Official Verizon Website:
- Visit the official Verizon website.
- Navigate to the “Plans & Services” section.
- Locate and select the Verizon 65 Plus Plan.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to choose your desired plan options and any additional services.
- If you’re a new customer, you’ll need to create an account. If you’re an existing customer, simply log in to your account to make the switch.
Visit a Verizon Store:
- Locate the nearest Verizon store using the store locator feature on the Verizon website or through a quick online search.
- Visit the store and speak with a Verizon representative.
- The representative will guide you through the application process, verify your eligibility, and help you set up the plan.
Contact Verizon Customer Service:
- Call Verizon’s customer service hotline.
- Inform the representative that you’re interested in the Verizon 65 Plus Plan.
- The representative will provide you with information about the plan, verify your eligibility, and guide you through the application process.
- Be prepared to provide proof of age, such as a driver’s license, passport, or any other valid identification.
- If you’re switching from another carrier, have your current account details handy for a smoother transition.
- If you’re bringing your own phone, ensure it’s compatible with the Verizon network. The Verizon representative or website can assist with compatibility checks.
- Alternatively, you can choose and purchase a new phone directly from Verizon, either online or in-store.
Finalize the Application:
- Once all details are provided and verified, and you’ve chosen your plan options, finalize the application.
- If applying in-store or over the phone, the representative will confirm the activation of your plan. If applying online, you’ll receive confirmation via email.
Set Up Your Device:
- After successfully applying for the Verizon 65 Plus Plan, set up your device with the new plan settings. If you need assistance, Verizon representatives can guide you through the process.
Comparison with Other Verizon Plans
- Targeted Audience: Unlike most Verizon plans that cater to a broad audience, the Verizon 65 Plus Plan is designed with seniors in mind, ensuring they receive features and benefits that align with their communication habits and preferences.
- Cost-Effective: The Verizon 65 Plus Plan is competitively priced, offering seniors a budget-friendly option without compromising on essential features.
- Simplified Features: While other Verizon plans might have many features, the 65 Plus Plan offers a more streamlined set of services, making it easier for seniors to understand and manage.
- No Data Overwhelm: Many of Verizon’s plans emphasize large data packages for streaming, browsing, and app usage. The 65 Plus Plan, however, offers data options suitable for basic cell phone use, ensuring seniors aren’t paying for data they might not use.
- Specialized Voice Plans: The plan provides specific voice options, such as single-line and two-line voice plans, ensuring seniors have flexibility in choosing what best suits their needs.
- Suitability for Seniors: When compared to other plans, the Verizon 65 Plus Plan stands out due to its simplicity, affordability, and focus on essential communication features. While other plans might be more suitable for heavy data users or business professionals, the 65 Plus Plan addresses the primary communication needs of seniors without overwhelming them with unnecessary extras.
Can existing Verizon customers switch to the Verizon 65 Plus Plan?
Yes, existing Verizon customers can switch to the 65 Plus Plan by contacting Verizon customer service or visiting a Verizon store.
Is there a contract requirement for the Verizon 65 Plus Plan?
Yes, the Verizon 65 Plus Plan comes with a two-year contract commitment.
How does the Verizon 65 Plus Plan compare in terms of cost with other Verizon plans?
The 65 Plus Plan is competitively priced, offering seniors a cost-effective communication solution. For detailed pricing, it’s recommended to visit the official Verizon website or contact Verizon customer service.
Does Verizon 655+ plan include 5G?
As of the information provided, specific details regarding 5G inclusion in the Verizon 655+ plan were not mentioned. It’s recommended to check the official Verizon website or contact Verizon customer service for the most up-to-date information.
Does Verizon offer a loyalty discount?
The Verizon Loyalty Discount program is primarily associated with Verizon prepaid plans. Officially, after three months of being on a prepaid plan, subscribers can avail a $5 monthly discount, and after nine months, this discount increases to $10 per month. However, it’s important to note that this loyalty discount cannot be combined with the $10/month Autopay discount.
Why does Verizon want everyone on 5G?
Both AT&T and Verizon are keen on transitioning their customers to 5G networks. This push is not only to recover the substantial capital expenditure associated with building these advanced networks but also to retain customers and prevent them from switching to competitors like T-Mobile.
The Verizon 65 Plus Plan is tailored for senior citizens and has features like competitive pricing, unlimited mobile-to-mobile minutes within the Verizon network, and specialized voice plans. It ensures seniors have a reliable means to stay connected with loved ones and essential services. As with any service, it’s crucial for potential users to assess their individual communication needs and preferences.