A conference call meeting is similar to any other business meeting it’s just that it takes place over the phone. The only difference is that it takes place over the phone instead of in person. It’s still a business meeting, after all. The same regulations apply to these sessions as they do to face-to-face meetings.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the subject and examine all of the components that come with it.
How Does a Conference Call work?
A teleconference call is an excellent technique to gather people for a conversation. It is far less expensive and more informal than holding a meeting in a conference room.
Many people mistakenly believe that a conference call is the same as a regular phone call. It may appear so, but the only thing you have in common is that you are both using a phone.
Because a conference call includes several people, you’ll need a connection to handle it. It is accomplished by establishing a conference bridge.
A conference bridge is a virtual room that allows many individuals to host or attend meetings simultaneously.
It operates by using a telephone system or a computer network to link a large number of individuals.
A conference link can communicate information on all participants’ displays if hosted on a computer network. Many people have never heard of it, even though it is a very valuable technology.
What Are the Types of Conference Calls?
Operator-assisted and reservations conference calls are the two most common varieties.
Operator-assisted calls are when you dial a number and then input a code. The most frequent conference call is when you ring in, wait for an operator to connect you to the conference call, and get to work.
The operator is in charge of guaranteeing that the call flows efficiently, that the technology is in working order, and that listeners can hear the other participants.
This conference call is perfect for large organizations that need to connect with many people at once or for businesses that want to ensure that all members can hear each other.
Reservation conference calls are relatively new and can only be made via VoIP (Voice-over-Internet Protocol) technology.
Reservation conference calls are a wonderful method to plan with a team or cooperate on a project because they can accommodate up to twenty individuals in the same session. It’s simple to set up and manage reservation conference calls.
Reservation conference calls are available from various companies, and any VoIP service provider can deliver them. Because it is done online, scheduling a reservation conference call is fairly straightforward.
The first step is to visit the provider’s website, where you’ll be able to initiate a call by filling out a form. You’ll need to figure out how long you want the call to last when you want it to happen if you want to use a code to get in, and how many people you want to be able to participate.
The method is simple, and anyone can do it, but it can be perplexing if you’re new to VoIP and reservations.
What do you need to Start a Teleconference?
A teleconference is a conference call between a few individuals, but before you go any further, here are some things you should know about before starting a teleconference call.
- Dial-in numbers
A dial-in number is a phone number that is used to establish a phone connection for a teleconference or videoconference. If you wish to participate in the conference call via phone, make sure you dial the correct number on your phone. The number is normally posted on the website when a conference call is announced.
- Access codes
Access codes are usually seven digits long, and if you’re the meeting host, you’ll need to provide them to the participants for them to join the conference, which they may do by clicking on a link provided by the organizer or a link to the event on the firm’s website.
- PIN codes
The PIN code is a security feature that gives the host access to services, including conference lock, taping, and caller count. The host uses PINs to initiate the telephone meeting.
How do you Start a Meeting with a Conference Call?
To start a meeting with a conference call, these are the following tips that you should follow, whether it’s a phone conference or a web-based conference.
- Phone Conference or telephone meeting
Invite the needed folks: Before starting a phone conference, choose a good time and day and the topic. Also, make sure you have all the relevant facts ready that you believe will be useful during the session.
Provide the dial-in number: Input the dial-in number on the phone before starting the session.
Provide the access codes: Give the access codes once you’ve finished providing the dial-in number. In some circumstances, both a pin code and an access code are required to start the session.
Please wait for the other participants to arrive: Wait for other people to join the session once you’ve entered it.
- Web-Based Conference
Install the required software: Download and install the necessary platform where the meeting will be held; make sure the software is reliable.
Send the meeting code: After you’ve installed the appropriate platform and, if you’re the host, provide the codes or links to all attendees after the meeting begins.
Click on the meeting code: If you’re not the host, wait for the code to display, and then click the link to be taken to the conference screen.
Choose your mode: If you’re the host, you may choose whether the meeting should continue with voice alone, video only, or both.
Wait for others: Wait for others to join the meeting once you’ve completed all of the procedures.
Conference Call Etiquette
Conference calls may be incredibly valuable to organizations; you must maintain a professional demeanor throughout the conversation.
Here are a few tips that you might want to consider when you are on a conference call or telephone meeting.
- General Conference call tips :
- Lateness on a corporate conference call reflects poorly on your personality; therefore, make sure you are never late for a conference call.
- Keep your mic quiet when you’re not speaking, then when it’s your turn, turn it on and talk.
- Allow others to speak first, and don’t get in the way. You can then express your thoughts once they’ve been completed.
- When it’s your time, make a point of introducing yourself to the group.
- Make an effort to talk clearly and loudly so that everyone can hear your thoughts.
- Audio Conference Tips :
- Make sure your call waiting option is turned off so that when someone calls you, it does not appear that you are busy since this gives the wrong impression.
- Never put somebody on hold during an audio conference call; put the phone on mute if you need to leave.
- Video Conference call tips :
- Make a good first impression in front of your audience by dressing correctly and looking knowledgeable. Avoid wearing loud colors.
- Keep your belongings in order so that your video conversation is not interrupted by your clothing hanging on the line.
- Throughout the conference call, maintain positive body language.
Conference Call Providers
Conferencing companies are now pushing the concept of conferences to new heights. Conference call services now allow users to hold a conference call over the phone while sharing video, text chat, and other collaboration tools.
The finest conference call providers are listed below for your consideration.
Nextiva is a cloud-based communications firm that creates, hosts and maintains a variety of corporate communication solutions to enable companies of all sizes to boost productivity. Cloud phone services, call recording, call transcription, and other value-added services are among the innovative corporate communication services offered by Nextiva.
Zoom is a video conferencing platform that allows you to organize HD video conversations with 150 participants. It is well-known for being dependable, simple to use, and inexpensive. It’s ideal for team meetings, collaboration, and webinars, with the bonus of being able to present your screen to the audience.
GoToMeeting is a web-based meeting service that allows users to hold professional meetings, webinars, and video conferences with up to 25 people using only their browser or with the help of specialized software or video conferencing gear.
GoToMeeting is great for organizations to reduce travel costs and increase communication amongst geographically dispersed staff.
What are Conference Calls used for?
A conference call or phone meeting is also an excellent method to stay in touch with clients and consumers, as it allows you to call them anytime you need to.
Conferencing is an excellent method to hold a virtual meeting with your team members. You should check out some Best Virtual Conference Platforms.
You may hold a brief phone meeting, join a group discussion, or lead a webinar.
Team Leaders may also use conference calls to remain in touch with clients and customers, allowing you to call them anytime you need to.
How to use a Conference Call Meeting?
Whether you’re organizing a project or holding a conference call with clients, there are many reasons to use a conference call regularly. Furnished below are a few points:
- Manage your time more efficiently
- Save money – conference calls are typically significantly less expensive than real trip conferences.
- Share ideas and cooperate with a team. Stay in contact with remote clients, coworkers, and partners.
- Record calls for later review.
- Record calls to share with those who couldn’t attend or listen to the recording. Communicate with the general public, the media, and your clients.
Web Conference with computer or mobile device
Web conferences are an excellent method to keep your whole team up to speed on the latest news and product releases.
The dilemma is whether one should join a web conference using a PC or a mobile phone.
If you’re in a business meeting or a client-related meeting with HR, using a computer as the mode for your web conference is strongly recommended. You should attend any official web conferences using your PC.
Mobile phones do not make a good impression when attending a business meeting. For informal online conferencing, mobile phones are commonly utilized.
Is a conference call a video call?
It is not always that a conference call is a video conference call; in certain cases, a phone conference or phone meeting may suffice. Your team leader will always let you know if the conference call will be audio or visual.
How many persons can be connected in a conference call?
The maximum number of participants who can attend a video call depends on your platform. The default or free plan allows up to 100 participants, but you can even host a meeting with more than 1000 participants with their premium plan. As your plan level increases, the number of participants who can attend also increases.
What should you not do on a conference call?
- Being early is just slightly worse than being late. To begin, double-check that you have the meeting’s dial-in number and any other pertinent information. If you’re going to be on a conference call, ensure that your laptop or smartphone is charged and not on quiet mode.
- Unless you’re ready to talk, keep your mic muted. It’s advisable to leave your mic on mute if you are self-conscious about your voice. If you’re anticipating a conference call, make sure your microphone is close by and that you’re ready to speak at any time.
- Speak at a volume that folks on the other end of the line can understand.
- You’ve decided to participate in a conference call because you have something to say. Bring up things that have previously been explored rather than hijacking the agenda.
Is Zoom conference call free?
Zoom has no trial period; it gives free conference calls for life. Zoom calls are subsidized by commercials, which are often short and unobtrusive.
Why is video conferencing better than conference calls?
- It’s more engaging: You can’t hide behind your device while on a video call. You’ll need to pay more attention to the camera, make eye contact, and listen more intently.
- It’s more personal: You may display your face, fingers, voice, and emotions when video calling.
- It’s more effective: You don’t have to worry about getting distracted by your computer, phone, or tablet because you’re just focusing on the discussion.
How long does a conference call last?
The length of the conference call is entirely dependent on the host or your team leader; they often run 30 minutes to 2 hours, but there is no assurance. It depends on the plan and your host whether it goes higher or lower.
How much do conference calls cost?
Conference calls are completely free; you will not be charged any money to participate in a conference call; nevertheless, teleconference calls may be different.
Can others see my number in a conference call?
Conferencing ensures that everyone’s privacy is protected; your personal information, such as your phone number, will not be visible on the screen.
How do I know if an incoming conference call?
When a conference call is initiated, it is always alerted with a call, just like a regular phone call, or your team leader will inform you about the date and timings of the call.
The essential thing to keep in mind when participating in a teleconference call meeting related to your business is that the conference call should be treated accordingly.
Business meetings allow you to acquire an advantage over your competitors while also strengthening your ties with your business partners.
I hope you enjoyed our conference call blog and that it answered all of your questions; if you have any, please leave a comment below.